KNOW IT. SHOW IT. TELL IT.
Take charge of your health, and learn how to use medicines safely. Know your medications.
Central Community Hospital is working to make sure all patients have an accurate medications list. You can pick up medication cards at Moser’s Pharmacy, Monona Pharmacy, Elkader Medical Associates Clinics, and Central Community Hospital. If you need assistance filling out your medication card please contact Natalie Shea, RN at Central Community Hospital 563-245-7028.
Using Your Medication Card
- List everything you take. Including prescription medicines, over-the-counter products, dietary supplements, herbal remedies, eye drops, inhalers, oxygen, creams/ointments, and injections.
- List how much, when and why you take each medication
- Carry the card with you at all times. Your insurance card will fit in the plastic sleeve.
- At your doctor’s office, present the card for updating.
- At the Pharmacy, ask the pharmacist to review the card when a new prescription is added.
- At the hospital, ask the nurse, to review the card when you are admitted and again at discharge.
We Care About Your Health!
- Don’t chew, crush or break any capsules or tablets without your pharmacists OK.
- Never take someone else’s medicine.
- Do not save leftover medicines.
- Store medicines out of reach of children and pets and away from household chemicals.
- Ask your doctor about using herbal products.